Make leavened bread

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Make leavened bread

by Janic » 26/05/18, 09:01

The simple fact of replacing refined cereals with whole grain cereals gives tangible results for health, with an effect on weight and inflammation, according to Danish research. https://www.foodinaction.com/cereales-p ... to lose weight /

Large science consortium publishes consensus paper on whole grains
It's all the more fun ( :( ) that half a century ago, there was a broad scientific consensus against it. Like what consensus is ok and it comes with the wind.
On the other hand, it is remarkable, by observation in the field, that there is a kind of incompatibility between the consumption of whole grains and meat food.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/05/18, 14:20

Janic wrote:It's all the more fun ( :( ) that half a century ago, there was a broad scientific consensus against it. Like what consensus is ok and it comes with the wind.
Again, you are confusing the consumer's taste for refined grains and scientific knowledge about their nutritional value known for much longer than half a century.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/05/18, 17:20

This is all the more funny () that half a century ago, there was a broad scientific consensus against it. Like what consensus is ok and it comes with the wind.

Again, you confuse the consumer's taste for refined grains

What you are confusing is culture and its circumstances. The famous taste for the refined grains in question, is only a reaction to the bread of war that you are not old enough to have known and that was made with what came to hand and therefore generally infected, but when There is nothing else to eat, the bad is better than nothing at all.
By reaction, the industrialization of the flour mills made it possible to produce, in large quantities, this strongly blended flour which appeared to be brioche in comparison, then it became the standard product with the stick mainly, the beret and the cigarette. symbolize the average French for comedians)
But it turns out that I ran a business where I sold real bread and it was a huge success because it was good, but only rarely did people who had lived through the war and its restrictions came in exceptionally. A trauma does not disappear like that and the generations of white bread, after the war, have never known anything else. It is not a matter of taste when no other product is offered in a bakery ... which changes slowly, thankfully!
and scientific knowledge about their nutritional value known for much longer than half a century.
You mix everything, again. I mention in terms of whole bread, these last 50 years the consensus was opposed to it, not that other scientists and a long time before the industrial flour mills had, on the contrary, promoted the virtues of whole bread, unrefined.
Everything therefore depends on what is known as scientific knowledge since it is dependent on the technological means of analysis available at each time. The nutritional value, for the average person, is what he eats and the difference felt between two products, even if there is a relative value there, but which has been the only criterion for millennia.
Scurvy and beriberi were not reduced by scientific knowledge, but by the observation that various missing or refined foods caused these pathologies and the change was made without current science. In short, science always has a subway behind the reality.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
KaazR59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by KaazR59 » 21/06/18, 19:53

Hello everybody

Do you have any tips for making a sourdough? After 2 unsuccessful attempts I wonder what is wrong with my procedure. I always have the impression that the leaven does not "bubble" enough.

Thank you for your answers : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/06/18, 20:57

Hello,
The problem is that it must grow when it is not monitored and then down again. Do not throw it away until it feels rotten.
If the smell is sour, everything is fine. In general, if you feed him every day a little bit, he is close in 4 to 5 days.

I refresh it at the same time that I make the bread and 2 hours is at its maximum, then return to the fridge for 3 days to a week without the need to refresh before making bread.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/06/18, 22:37

Hey it's funny I did it for years after the recovery of a bread machine ... which broke down ... then I bought another that broke down and then I I realized that we got the same result without kneading much but letting it rest ...

In short from that moment I did it by hand and it was super good with good organic flour.
But since the move I admit that I dropped ..

On the one hand no time
On the other hand a new oven (in place) modern to the c ..... and I have not tried to understand it.

In short I will get back to it once all the different works completed in a year or 2 ...

But in reality it's super simple: I took flour with yeast inside ...
0 x
KaazR59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by KaazR59 » 22/06/18, 18:54

Thank you for your answers, can you describe me the way you do it? On some blogs you can read that you have to throw some of your leaven while on others no .. I'm a little lost : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/06/18, 20:00

Hello,
I never throw leaven.
Understand that it's alive and to keep in shape, you have to feed it regularly to defend himself alone against pathogens. These are yeasts and wild bacteria that are naturally present on the wheat shell.
When he died, we sense the stench of putrefaction or view mold.
For a long time, it can be maintained 15 days in the fridge. Beyond it will refresh as to start a new leaven.
In the freezer or dehydrated, the same.
Otherwise, it can be kept under pressure for a long time https://nicrunicuit.com/faire/fermenter ... longtemps/

Mine, as I fee 150 or 200 gr all 2 to 3 days to make bread, I replenished with the same amount / 2 (1 share T65 flour and one part water warmed in the microwave) and hot (30 °) for about 2 hours then return to the fridge.

We can start with 30 gr wholemeal or rye 30 g water and wait to 1 2 days there are some bubbles then give back to eat at least once a day. The more hungry, plus it has a tangy strong odor and can cover with water without consequence.
0 x
KaazR59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by KaazR59 » 23/06/18, 09:46

Thank you for your reply ! Actually on my second try there was a lot of water on the top so I threw it thinking it was missed .. For leaven, you always add the same amount of flour and water ( 30g)?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/06/18, 22:53

No, it is the first days to constitute the first leaven without discarding it. Subsequently, the yeast stored in the fridge makes 300 gr, double the amount used to make the bread. it is called liquid leaven, half water, half flour, of consistency a little thicker than the pancake batter.

When I use 150 Gr to make bread, I replenish with 75 gr of water and 75 gr of flour. : Wink:

You could see that Marie-Claire from neither raw nor cooked otherwise, you may have your method too when the routine is installed.

There is a leaven group on buttocks https://www.facebook.com/groups/1652526138322260/
And one forum or Marie-Claire also intervenes http://www.forum.votrepain.com/index.php
0 x