Improve diet starting from almost 0

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Improve diet starting from almost 0

by Petrus » 18/04/15, 20:52

Eating mainly canned dishes, frozen pizza or pasta + box of Bolognese sauce, I would like to start eating healthier and therefore mostly vegetarian. But coming from a family where each meal is cooked around a meat (or fish), I have to learn a lot, and my lack of motivation to cook does not help either.

What ingredients should be used to replace the meat? What spices to use to enhance the taste of vegetables? Simple and quick recipe ideas?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/04/15, 08:10

hello petrus
Wise decision!
will take a look at the vegetarian association of France: AVF which is full of information of all kinds as recipes and also on the forum very active from vegeweb
https://vegeweb.org/index.php
good luck!
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fabio.gel » 19/04/15, 09:53

Hello Petrus

Advice go gradually, the body hates too sudden changes (I speak from experience) : Cry:
Continue to eat your habit and introduce something new as you go.
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/15, 10:50

Unlike alcohol or tobacco, which are addictions, my experience has been that it is quite easy to reduce rather than delete!

In two ways:

- reduce the "portion"

- insert meals without and have a controlled "pleasure" from time to time ...

For cardio reasons (heart attack) I follow a fairly severe diet, with very low cholesterol targets that are difficult to achieve: rather than being "ultra", I manage what I call my "controlled slippages" ... If, for professional reasons, for example, I abused, I try, the week in question, to be more strict in the private ... The following week, it will be a family meal ...

And for my 60th birthday, I demanded a mahousse "beef rib" ...

It has been going on for 8 years now.

Then there are "convinced" vegetarians. This is another thing. I respect. One of my daughter is. But I think it's unreasonable.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/04/15, 14:12

did67 hello

Then there are "convinced" vegetarians. This is another thing. I respect. One of my daughter is. But I think it's unreasonable.
What is being reasonable? this is a philosophical question as old as humanity.
In reality one measures the reasonable in relation to one's own situation.
For example, jogging is reasonable compared to a runner, even an amateur. Running as an amateur is reasonable compared to a professional who aims for the podiums or the Olympic medal. Everything is therefore relative to the goal that we set and the means that we give ourselves to achieve it.
In fact, and I speak from experience, the concept of reasonableness derives more from the self-justification of its present state than from the unreasonable of another possible state. But that's human nature, you have to do well with it.
However, it is true that it is better to have a gradual change from one food mode to another than a sudden change (unless there is medical need)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/04/15, 16:55

Becoming a vegetarian, "like that" all at once, must certainly be frustrating, and not necessarily a dietary issue.

First start by taming what you eat by taking an interest in cooking and the "pleasure" side. It is not wasted time.

Personally, I started by peeling the onions because my partner cried like madeleine every time she planted her knife. One thing leading to another, I made the salads, then the stews. (because many of them start with "sauté the onions")

Now that we are in the 60 banks, we reduce our doses: 100 to 120 gr / day, or even less, we eat more vegetables. And we buy better quality.

Learn to tame spices and condiments.

Since you still need an energy supply, the sources of carbohydrates vary: bread, wholemeal bread, rice (there are quite a few varieties), pasta of all tastes, of all shapes and colors, couscous and bulgur, quinoa, potatoes, wheat (Ebly)

Some dishes are not very meaty and nevertheless tasty: chili con carne, Bolognese sauce, paella.

Even my son, a misanthrope computer scientist, has recovered and declared himself to be much happier.

Play on desires, plan, if you have a freezer, cook for 2 or 3 times, explore books and sites like marmiton.org.

If you work in a company: talk about it with colleagues, male or female, you will happily be surprised. Possibly find yourself a "club" or an internship: we can sometimes meet people there ....

In short, take an interest in what is on your plate, it will make you feel good and do not forget the fruits.

Like: found without searching: http: //lesmoutonsenrages.fr/2015/04/18/la-viande-de-qualite-devient-trop-chere-trouve-les-proteines-ailleurs/#more-80379

Cheers !
Last edited by elephant the 19 / 04 / 15, 17: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/15, 16:59

It's good compared to me that I said it.

But my "reason" stems more from a systemic analysis, of man as an omnivorous predator capable of adapting from the borders of the Sahara to the borders of the Arctic ... In some of these systems, animal feed is a survival condition.

In other systems, in fact, it is easier to be vegetarian. In some it is very easy.

And obviously, in the era of "this" or "that" hypermarkets, it's accessible to everyone, like any other whim, the latest iPhone or the latest information on Daesh ...

Make me laugh and at the same time pity!), These Californians in their "paleo" supermarket ... A way like any other to be crazy! She is not fatal, that one ...
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 19/04/15, 18:22

Thanks for the links

elephant wrote:Becoming a vegetarian, "like that" all at once, must certainly be frustrating, and not necessarily a dietary issue.

I do not plan to become totally vegetarian, it would be too difficult for me to deprive myself of a barbecue, a garnished sauerkraut or a raclette, I just want to get rid of my "traditional" diet where the meat is too much present.

elephant wrote:Learn to tame spices and condiments.

Absolutely, I have to find a guide to spices and their uses, because I have absolutely no idea how to use them, apart from seasoning meats ...

elephant wrote:Since you still need an energy supply, the sources of carbohydrates vary: bread, wholemeal bread, rice (there are quite a few varieties), pasta of all tastes, of all shapes and colors, couscous and bulgur, quinoa, potatoes, wheat (Ebly)

I have to try quinoa, I don't think I've ever eaten it
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/15, 18:44

Again, do not bother to do the exotic at all costs.

The potato is an excellent vegetable, with lots of varieties ...

You can find excellent breads, varied ...

Quinoa is an excellent product ... Agronomically, it is a remarkable plant, which I discovered 35 years ago in the Bolivian highlands ... Traditional quinoa had a slight soapy taste, which I cannot find on "modern" products, which makes me think it was worked a bit (selection?).
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/04/15, 10:25

about spices: I have a few "stars" :D

My kids love it when they come home:

Pesto soup (garlic, basil)

tomato mozarella: (olive oil, fresh basil)

cabbage soup: thyme, cloves, bay leaf (but I cheat by adding a cube of chicken broth for 2 liters of water)

raw chicory salad, white beans, lamb's lettuce: savory

cold potato salad: shallots, pepper, peanut oil

tomato salad: don't skimp on fresh rosemary

apart from the cabbage soup, (25 to 50 gr of bacon / person), all this is veggie and of a degree of simplicity difficult to exceed.

olive oil is a gastronomic universe on its own!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"