Battery saving ... remote control without battery

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Battery saving ... remote control without battery

by Targol » 21/06/06, 15:08

I'm not sure I'm on the right track forum, but I'm sure this post is about home econology.

To please Christophe, I tell you about an article that I bought on eBay and which is completely in the philosophy of this site: It is a universal remote control that can replace 6 devices and can be either programmed by code, or by learning with the old remote control (practical if, like me, you have some devices of unknown brand).

Until then, you don't see what this post is doing on this site and you are right 8) .

Where this remote control becomes economical is that it works without batteries.
When you turn the animal over, there is no battery door. On the other hand, on the top, a rack wheel. Just turn it and - Wizzzz, Wizzzz - the remote control works.

I bought mine a year ago and I am very happy with it. In fact, the only flaw that I find it is that we have too much tendency to play with the wheel : Lol:

In short. I would like to point out to you this econological object that I came across by chance on eBay and that you cannot find anywhere else (even by going to the manufacturer's site ....).

The reasonable price of about 15 € uros will soon be reimbursed by the savings in batteries. In addition, the battery is a real ecological disaster: 1000 times more energy spent to manufacture it than it would later restore : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
niko54730
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by niko54730 » 21/09/09, 18:29

Hi,

I update this post because I got this remote control on a French site and as targol says it is great, except that we often tend to turn the dial for nothing : Cheesy:

PS: For those interested, the site is called ecolocool even if I don't know if we have the right to give names ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 21/09/09, 19:16

It's awesome :D

One of the first message from friend Targol 8)

Cool

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 21/09/09, 20:03

Lietseu wrote:One of the first message from friend Targol 8)

It is clear that that does not rejuvenate us all that. : Lol:

The worst part is that after I bought 40 on eBay.
I still have a few stuck in the back of my garage.
In any case, it's really tough as a zapper.
The first lasted more than 3 years despite the mistreatment of my children.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/09/09, 23:33

This is excellent and which interests me most ... Especially that in general I put batteries of recovery. in my remote controls and that very quickly they work very badly ... grrrrrr ... I feel cat claws growing sometimes ... :D

On the other hand I tell myself that if we turn the contraption, the energy must go somewhere, right?

So either it's fine in a condo and there is no problem. Either it goes in a rechargeable battery ... and there it will be necessary to change it one day or the other.

An explanation?

[joke ON mode]
Targol wrote:despite the mistreatment of my children.
"Child executioner"
- Fernand Reynaud.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 21/09/09, 23:46

Obamot wrote:So either it's fine in a condo and there is no problem. Either it goes in a rechargeable battery ... and there it will be necessary to change it one day or the other.

An explanation?

I do not know if the energy generated by the controller is stored in a battery or in a condo .... Although I would rather lean towards the battery given the time of availability of electricity after "pumping".
Anyway, as said before, the longest experience with this steamer lasted 3 years and it was not the storage of electricity that failed.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/09/09, 01:20

I had read somewhere that little geniuses replaced in some cases the rechargeable batteries by a condo (+ ad hoc mounting ...). There might be an idea there to explore ...

Go inform me, it will take qqs days to have a diagram, because I'm a little tired of the battery cartel ... (lol)
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 22/09/09, 08:39

The worst part is that after I bought 40 on eBay.

Why 40 ???? resale ????

The system seems interesting but if the lifespan is limited to more or less 3 years it is little and it generates waste other than batteries no ???

Personally with our old televisions (well 10 years old) we have the original remote control. Well it works less well in particular we can no longer increase the sound ..... but we can lower it : Lol: (not me Mr green huh ... lol) and we change the batteries not even once a year.
So I find that it does not consume that much. Maybe the new remote controls consume more ????
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/09/09, 09:13

: Arrow: Mine, provided by Targol does not wear out much.
But I don't use it much either. :?
I don't often change the batteries on the zapettes either.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/09/09, 09:32

Well yes, in my opinion a set of good quality AAA alkaline batteries should last 2 or 3 years.
I believe that a small photovoltaic surface, as on the calculators would be less expensive than this wheel.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be