Conservation egg outdoors

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
other-energies
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Conservation egg outdoors

by other-energies » 02/10/11, 10:22

Contrary to our ideas of eggs, they do not pass when stored in the open air rather than in the refrigerator. I learned this while volunteering on an organic farm in the Amazon rainforest. Not only did they not rot, but they did not start the chick formation process despite the sometimes high temperatures.
However, a few precautions should be taken.
    you must be sure that the egg has not been washed since it would have lost its protective layer and would therefore be porous to bacteria (this is often the case for eggs sold in supermarkets)
    it is safer to immerse them in a container filled with water before use to see if they rise (if they rise, the freshness is not guaranteed)
    trust your nose, break each egg in a small bowl before adding it to the preparation to smell it

The important thing is to consume the eggs without ulterior motives, so if you prefer to refrigerate them, they will also keep.
0 x
I know that in your alchemy the atom is worth traveler-checks, that's enough as an alibi.
Website on renewable energies
Rolland
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Preservation of eggs

by Rolland » 02/10/11, 10:46

I have, at one time in my life, had the opportunity to sail and there is the obvious problem of food preservation.
The eggs can be stored perfectly under the following conditions, provided that the eggs are eggs taken directly from the nesting boxes and not washed:
You just have to put them in sand. They keep perfectly, placed in the bottom of the boat, where the temperature is regular and roughly corresponds to that of the sea.
I have never heard of a case of poisoning under these storage conditions, even after several months of navigation.
The thing is immensely important at sea because the least indisposition can quickly become catastrophic given the isolation.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/11, 19:50

Perfectly does that mean how long Rolland? How many months?

I never kept my eggs in the fridge ...
An egg is sterile. It is therefore a "perfect preserve". No reason to keep it in the fridge. Make a small hole in an egg, leave it at room temperature and in 48 hours I presume it becomes "toxic" ...

You can eat your expired eggs after well over 1 week also (if well cooked, obviously not believed). I assume that a hard-boiled egg with an intact shell keeps very well too, right?

The expiration date when buying fresh eggs is quite low (2 to 3 weeks it seems to me) I assume that it is calculated on the worst conditions (egg left in a car in the sun at 40 ° C ...)

There are few stores that sell them in the fresh department.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 02/10/11, 20:34

Sorry to be a bit off topic but frankly about the dates
The official organizations relayed by TV and the school instilled in our young people a phobia of dates.
Now many young people I know, not to say all, look at the date and refuse to eat.
What food still very good put in the trash!

For the eggs agreed with you, it seems to me that in Asia there are people who eat eggs of several years even 100 years
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/11, 20:38

+1 with the dates and as soon as there is a case of food poisoning it makes the front page of the news ... While it is a news item!

Who is afraid, consumes more ... This is our paradigm of society ...

phil53 wrote:it seems to me that in Asia there are people who eat eggs of several years even 100 years

Uh 100 years? : Shock: Are you there?
0 x
other-energies
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

100 year old eggs

by other-energies » 02/10/11, 20:52

I also heard about 100-year-old eggs and that after a while the taste changed but having no more information than heard, I did not dare to relay it.
0 x
I know that in your alchemy the atom is worth traveler-checks, that's enough as an alibi.

Website on renewable energies
Rolland
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: 100 year old eggs

by Rolland » 02/10/11, 21:09

autres-energies wrote:I also heard about 100-year-old eggs and that after a while the taste changed but having no more information than heard, I did not dare to relay it.

I confirm the two previous posts: Millions of human beings are undernourished and we, we throw away perfectly healthy and edible food because the so-called health organizations, in the boot of the financiers, incite us to buy again and again more and throw it over and over ...

We had, being mariners, a very extensive experience of what could or could not be "still" consumed, and I stress again by stressing the vital importance of not having or risking poisoning at sea.

My son brought us hundred-year-old eggs from Asian countries and I confirm the shelf life of these eggs, which "only" change color over time. They are eaten as a traditional food there and I don't think they are more than anything considered dangerous.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 02/10/11, 21:10

For 100-year-old eggs it wouldn't be those there? Who actually only have 100 days ...
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/10/11, 02:30

There are even eggs well preserved in France 80 million years old:
http://planet-terre.ens-lyon.fr/planett ... -12-09.xml
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 03/10/11, 19:36

Ok for 100 year old eggs I took it literally, I didn't know they were "cheating"
On the other hand, in France, people used to keep the eggs in lime for at least 4 months.
It was especially the pastry chefs who did this and the eggs did not change color or taste
0 x