And that it's clean! Tip and trick to pollute less

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

And that it's clean! Tip and trick to pollute less

by Lietseu » 05/07/08, 17:27

Did you know, there is a natural product on the market, which cleans as well as the best detergents and other rubbish! ..... without polluting :D

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natron

This stuff is even used to degrease parts in mechanics, in "engine dishwashers" : Oops:

For my part I use it in the wash for my dishwasher, it works miracles and in addition, it is not expensive!

Sold in a 1kg plastic bag at a very low price, the product can be kept in a seal-like seal and only a tablespoon is needed to wash everything and anything! the more it is fat, the better it works!

A grease stain on a T shirt, no problem, a little hot water of soda salt and presto we stuff the solution on the stain and ... it disappears, the H (cleaning) essence is not more useful every time, but for stains like sludge it is useful (but very polluting!)

In fact, it is the basis of most of the ancient soaps and seen the effectiveness, can also be of certain products sold with loud noises of explosions (bang)

Help nature, buy another 1kg of soda salt this week! (My little finger tells me that baking soda may be the same, but not tested)
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 08/07/08, 01:03

Look what I found the girls (and the guys, who also do the laundry) : Cheesy:

http://forum.doctissimo.fr/grossesse-be ... 2442_1.htm

or a modern sufragette tells us that it even works as an anti-lime ...

on the other hand here is what the reference in our Wikipedia encyclopedia says at the following address: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonate_de_sodium : Soda ash or sodium carbonate (Number E500) is a compound with the formula Na2CO3, also called soda salt ...

we also read: Soda ash is not toxic to the environment. It can be irritating on the skin and it is therefore preferable to handle it with gloves. (Because it degreases!)

and even:
"Soda ash should not be confused with caustic soda or with baking soda, used in cooking, especially in the preparation of gingerbread ..."

The detergent molecule is amphiphilic, that is to say endowed with a polar, hydrophilic (or lipophobic) head, with an OH radical, attracting water, and with a long hydrocarbon, apolar, hydrophobic (or lipophilic), attracting lipids (oils and fats).

That's it, it's over! And it's cheap +/- 2 € per kilo : Oops:
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 08/07/08, 09:06

Yes it is the crystals of soda or washing soda also known under the trade name of "St Marc" to wash the walls before putting them back in color. Ideal for really serious scrubs.

But for everyday cleaning, I admit that I don't use it (almost) anymore for 2 reasons:
- an unpleasant odor after washing, especially when ironing
- large crystals that are not easy to dissolve

For surfaces and the oven, I prefer to use its "variant" the baking soda which comes in a fine powder easy to use, deodorant and ... edible (no concern of toxicity during handling but also for children or animals ).

Less harmless but very effective: sodium percarbonnate for bleaching light laundry, added to an organic detergent. For dark or fragile colors, the biotop liquid detergent which is so soft that it is suitable even for woolens: https://www.econologie.com/shop/bicarbon ... p-213.html

(it's not advertising, it's true!)
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 08/07/08, 13:27

Christine wrote:Yes it is the crystals of soda or washing soda also known under the trade name of "St Marc" to wash the walls before putting them back in color. Ideal for really serious scrubs.

But for everyday cleaning, I admit that I don't use it (almost) anymore for 2 reasons:
- an unpleasant odor after washing, especially when ironing
- large crystals that are not easy to dissolve

For surfaces and the oven, I prefer to use its "variant" the baking soda which comes in a fine powder easy to use, deodorant and ... edible (no concern of toxicity during handling but also for children or animals ).

Less harmless but very effective: sodium percarbonnate for bleaching light laundry, added to an organic detergent. For dark or fragile colors, the biotop liquid detergent which is so soft that it is suitable even for woolens: https://www.econologie.com/shop/bicarbon ... p-213.html

(it's not advertising, it's true!)

I confirm, but you should know that if you leave the soda salt in the air, if like me you live in a healthy house, it dries up and the crystals turns into a fine white powder, which looks and velvety baking soda !!! it also unbelievably deodorizes, chemists will tell you why :?

FYI, (for Belgians) there are 5Kg pack at Makro (laundry department, transparent packaging) at very interesting prices : Cheesy:

Once diluted in hot water at the rate of 2 or 3 tablespoons for 5l, it is possible to use it as a sprayer and ... you will tell me the news! to try in a greasy oven, or to clean that "p..in" host in the kitchen : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x

the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/01/11, 08:37

Hello,
Old but good post.
My family has recently gone from 1 to 3.
Two things have just changed:
The paper towel which serves as a towel for bobonne etc.
Replaced by the good old cloth towel, with its ring to recognize its good.
Then Bobonne wants tea 5 times a day ... then we would heat 5 kettles a day : Evil:
Now: we heat a kettle a day, and it is poured into a thermos that lasts all day.
Hard to educate Polish women .. : Cheesy:
But we get there to wear ..
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 10:15

About tea, for 2.5 years we have had a Tefal Quick & Hot instant hot water preparer

It heats precisely only the necessary volume of hot water, in my case as I do not like too hot 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup.

It costs around € 60.

It is also a "temperate" water dispenser (interest close to 0) and a water filter, but you can transfer it so you don't have to buy cartridges where tap water is good.

There is apparently a "luxury" model:

0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 04/01/11, 11:08

My roommate also has the Tefal Quick & Hot.

It's a marvel this thing, I'm a fan
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 11/01/11, 00:43

Great for tea lovers, so-called cat ...

Meow and good luck to all ... :P :P :P
0 x