Improvement of the heat exchange of a ventilated insert

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Improvement of the heat exchange of a ventilated insert

by antoinet111 » 01/12/11, 23:34

Hello guys, I tinkered with my insert a little bit, I bought a square tube of 20x20 by 2 meters in aluminum which I cut into pieces of 20 cm.

I then place the ends in the blower on the top of the insert (the top grid)

I do not have quantified and reliable data, but empirically an impression of increased heat.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/12/11, 00:14

The insert did not have a burnt gas deflection plate I suppose?
So this certainly improves, measurable by the T of the gases in the exhaust pipe, before and after, depending on the rate of combustion !!
Check that the soot which settles does not clog between the 20mm bars.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 02/12/11, 00:20

Dede, you didn't understand.

it is in the ventilation system that I put the bars, there is no contact with smoke or fire, but just the air in the room that passes around the fireplace.

but to answer your question anyway, the insert still has a deflection plate.
the next step will be to add a double combustion rail in the fireplace of the insert.
As well as a new crenellated stainless steel deflector insulated with a vermiculite / cement concrete melted on a layer of rock wool, to avoid breakage during retraction.

see even complete insulation of the insert.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/12/11, 01:04

It was not obvious to me, because it is essential to increase the exchange surface with the fumes, at a speed imposed by combustion, and which often leave at high temperature by insufficient exchanger on the combustion side, much more than with the air in the circulator, which by circulating quickly keeps the same power, without increasing the surface and therefore much less limiting the evacuation of heat.
The quality of an exchanger is determined by the exchange surface, the temperature differences and the flow rate.
If at low surface, the power is increased with higher temperatures or faster flow.
So for the circulator air, the best is to have a self adjustable and high flow rate at max power.

In my opinion the combustion side is much more limiting than the circulator side, except absurd construction.
We can quantify all of this (immobile air limit layer of a few mm) to choose the speed of the air circulating easily faster than the speed of the fumes and therefore less limiting.
0 x