How to mitigate the noise of the washing machine?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

How to mitigate the noise of the washing machine?

by fabio.gel » 11/04/08, 10:37

Hello
I would like to run my washing machine at night to reduce my EDF bill.

What could I put around to reduce the noise?

I think to make a wooden box (medium type) and paste inside the cork. : Idea:
What do you think?

Info: The washing machine in front loading.

Thank you
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/04/08, 11:26

Much of the noise comes from the transmission of vibrations to the ground: there are shock pads made of elastomer ...
Otherwise to dampen the noise, wood + cork is quite average (the wood is even sound box ...), for it to be effective it would take leaded foam alveolée of the kind that is used to isolate the boat engines and other generators ... or wood + lead sheet ...
Or change the machine, but the silent machines are very expensive and very heavy (Miele eg + 100kg ...) and are still audible spin at 1200-1400tr (I have a Miele loading by the above)...
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Rubber slab + alveolar foam plate

by fabio.gel » 11/04/08, 12:00

Chatham wrote:Much of the noise comes from the transmission of vibrations to the ground: there are shock pads made of elastomer ...
Otherwise to dampen the noise, wood + cork is quite average (the wood is even sound box ...), for it to be effective it would take leaded foam alveolée of the kind that is used to isolate the boat engines and other generators ... or wood + lead sheet ...
Or change the machine, but the silent machines are very expensive and very heavy (Miele eg + 100kg ...) and are still audible spin at 1200-1400tr (I have a Miele loading by the above)...

Thank you

I found this at Leroy (7,99 €) cut in 4 and put under the feet of the washing machine

Given the thickness of 25 mm this should already reduce the sound transmission at ground level. [/ Url]
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/04/08, 12:01

Hello,
for the soundproofing you can use the sound foam that is found under the car hoods, for example ;-)
0 x
lisa75
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lisa75 » 21/10/08, 10:07

SPAM

edit of Christine
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 21/10/08, 11:29

Hello

on some machines, there is the possibility offull tank stop, which will allow you to spin only during the day, at least the part of the wash that consumes the least energy, and the noisiest.

otherwise, to reduce the energy bill, if your machine allows it, it is to supply it with hot water directly, as in automatic laundries, hot water for washing, and cold water for rinsing and spinning. provided that the production of hot water is economical compared to electricity: solar or other, for example.

jeff
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/08, 11:52

For the soundproofing of a room: think of the old egg carton it goes from hell ... but must eat a lot of egg!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 21/10/08, 12:02

For egg cartons, ask the local baker 8)
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
SamFox
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SamFox » 20/05/14, 10:13

Most of the noise that a washing machine causes in the neighbor below is due to vibrations.
In this perspective, I made a base for my old machine, fifteen years ago.
It was a very very old De Dietrich which was a shamble not credible but was indestructible despite more than thirty years of good and loyal service.

At a used materials seller, I had found a large, very firm rubber-foam board, about 5 cm thick, on which I had glued a very rigid acoustic insulation board (about 4 cm thick).
This plate of acoustic insulation, little resistant to blows, was not made to withstand the vibrations of a washing machine (sometimes, this kind of machine moves a lot). It was made to be glued vertically against a wall. So I stuck on top of a big board of clamshell.

Following this DIY, not only the neighbor below had not been at all hindered, but in addition the noise produced by our machine was less important here.

When we moved (it's my little brother who took our place in our old apartment), we left the machine as it is, on its base.
In our new apartment we bought a washing machine Indesit significantly less noisy.

At the latest news, not only De Dietrich still works, but in addition it is still on its insulating base craft that has not displayed the slightest wear.

As for our Indesitit had to change after 7 or 8 years of use. It was not a De Dietrich !
We replaced it with a LG 8 kg capacity.
0 x