- Sylvester spiritus 22/07/18, 09:58The right of a moron to think otherwise View the latest post Answers 52 Views 980
- Janic 22/07/18, 08:57France is one of the worst European pupils in terms of vaccination. View the latest post Answers 78 Views 2301
- darkducobu 22/07/18, 06:40My kitchen garden of the least effort View the latest post Answers 65 Views 2038
- inventor 22/07/18, 03:57New 4 stroke engine (in English) View the latest post Answers 674 Views 186299
- izentrop 21/07/18, 23:58Freeze with Chrome since last update Windows 10 View the latest post Answers 2 Views 253
- izentrop 21/07/18, 23:16Make leavened bread View the latest post Answers 42 Views 3537
- Flytox 21/07/18, 22:39[One other] Humor View the latest post Answers 12697 Views 1671496
- sen-no-sen 21/07/18, 20:42Hyperloop the train of the future? View the latest post Answers 19 Views 1750
- darkducobu 21/07/18, 20:07Wind: building a vertical axis wind turbine from A to Z View the latest post Answers 215 Views 434862
- Sikar 21/07/18, 19:06Everything you need to know about photovoltaics in France View the latest post Answers 286 Views 76706
- to be chafoin 21/07/18, 18:15Botanical Garden 900m altitude View the latest post Answers 70 Views 1950
- Janic 21/07/18, 18:03Econokit, yet a water doping kit for sale View the latest post Answers 441 Views 164681
- Did67 21/07/18, 17:48Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio View the latest post Answers 10909 Views 522473
- Moindreffor 21/07/18, 13:31The Potager du Sloth: the book View the latest post Answers 391 Views 21450
- nico239 21/07/18, 00:12Wind power: for or against the wind? View the latest post Answers 719 Views 209013
- moinsdewatt 20/07/18, 23:54Our pets (pictures or video) View the latest post Answers 438 Views 68629
- phil53 20/07/18, 23:12lazy gardener in Loire Atlantique View the latest post Answers 181 Views 13100
- Moindreffor 20/07/18, 19:47A vegetable lazy in Charente-Maritime View the latest post Answers 111 Views 9837
- Eric DUPONT 20/07/18, 10:06Cardan bike without chain speed View the latest post Answers 13 Views 488
- izentrop 19/07/18, 22:37manipulation strategy (peoples) in 10 rules View the latest post Answers 174 Views 69751
- to be chafoin 19/07/18, 21:17The "Garden of Lazy" in Dordogne View the latest post Answers 143 Views 11100
- Grelinette 19/07/18, 19:21Schedule a door opening system with battery View the latest post Answers 52 Views 8690
- Did67 19/07/18, 09:29The lazy garden made in northern Elsass View the latest post Answers 101 Views 4651
- Sylvester spiritus 18/07/18, 23:12A cyclonic supercavitation generator at H2O / CO2 View the latest post Answers 86 Views 5027
- Bardal 18/07/18, 15:08Monsanto Roundup deadly to humans - Glyphosate View the latest post Answers 349 Views 40599
The weak nuclear force we master well (nuclear fission) the electromagnetic force (electric and magnetic force) that is known and mastered since 100 years ago and the strong nuclear force we are trying to control (fusion).
Remains the gravitational force which is very weak but whose constant G makes it possible to explain many things inaccessible to the other end of the universe.
So yes for this postulate of Fermi all technological species passes by the knowledge of its forces and the exploitation of the communication by the electromagnetic force that allows to betray its presence.
The problem is the proportion of biological life that emerges from the primitive life and there we go from an infinite probability to a zero probability according to the conditions taken into account that lead to the intelligence (we are in the strong anthropic either we are in the mediocre).
We only know today that life emerges from extreme conditions and therefore the universe seems very prolific on telluric planets but nothing detected above this stage of life from which this very disturbing paradox.
- Econologue expert
- posts: 6942
- Registration: 11/11/07, 17:33
- Location: Angouleme
- x 220
- Contact :
how long has man been able to communicate over a long distance by radio ... not even a century ... and how long will it last? not for a long time if our civilization collapses as happened to other
so there is not only the distance between the planet as difficulty communicating with other life form ... there is also time! we will never see in space the civilizations that existed before us or that will exist after us
and how long will it last? not for a long time if our civilization collapses as happened to other
This is an explanation of Fermi's paradox (mediocrity), which means that a technical civilization emerges naturally but only a short time (relative to the duration of the earth) after a long biological evolution but it also implies that this same civilization disappears very quickly.
- posts: 47028
- Registration: 10/02/03, 14:06
- Location: Greenhouse planet
- x 409
- Contact :
Uh ... link error no?
This morning I saw a documentary "intérérrant"(between interesting and funny): media / stanley-kubrik-is-alle-on-the-moon-t14384 10.html # p329715
Who is online ?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and guests 2