Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Company and PhilosophyAre we alone in the Universe?

philosophical debates and companies.
lilian07
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Are we alone in the Universe?

Unread Messageby lilian07 » 27/08/17, 20:27

To my knowledge the constants of the universe are fixed forever, from one end to the other of this same universe such as the gravitational constant or the Planck constant. The same ones that make the universe coherent and whose forces are omnipresent and regulated since the beginning of the bigbang without ever varying in time.
The weak nuclear force we master well (nuclear fission) the electromagnetic force (electric and magnetic force) that is known and mastered since 100 years ago and the strong nuclear force we are trying to control (fusion).
Remains the gravitational force which is very weak but whose constant G makes it possible to explain many things inaccessible to the other end of the universe.
So yes for this postulate of Fermi all technological species passes by the knowledge of its forces and the exploitation of the communication by the electromagnetic force that allows to betray its presence.
The problem is the proportion of biological life that emerges from the primitive life and there we go from an infinite probability to a zero probability according to the conditions taken into account that lead to the intelligence (we are in the strong anthropic either we are in the mediocre).
We only know today that life emerges from extreme conditions and therefore the universe seems very prolific on telluric planets but nothing detected above this stage of life from which this very disturbing paradox.
0 x

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Ahmed » 27/08/17, 22:55

I perceive that my message was too laconic, which led you astray; I wanted to say: "This is a very excessive formulation in terms of "mastery", at least in terms of the only known technological form of life ...
0 x
"Do not believe above all that I tell you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby chatelot16 » 31/08/17, 21:39

how long has the earth been living? long time

how long has man been able to communicate over a long distance by radio ... not even a century ... and how long will it last? not for a long time if our civilization collapses as happened to other

so there is not only the distance between the planet as difficulty communicating with other life form ... there is also time! we will never see in space the civilizations that existed before us or that will exist after us
0 x
lilian07
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Unread Messageby lilian07 » 02/09/17, 15:28

and how long will it last? not for a long time if our civilization collapses as happened to other

This is an explanation of Fermi's paradox (mediocrity), which means that a technical civilization emerges naturally but only a short time (relative to the duration of the earth) after a long biological evolution but it also implies that this same civilization disappears very quickly.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby chatelot16 » 01/12/17, 12:57

1 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 01/12/17, 13:53

chatelot16 wrote:https://www.econologie.com/forums/bistrot/humour-t1191-12010.html#p329695

Uh ... link error no?

This morning I saw a documentary "intérérrant"(between interesting and funny): media / stanley-kubrik-is-alle-on-the-moon-t14384 10.html # p329715

0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby chatelot16 » 01/12/17, 21:26

no it's not a mistake: humor is stronger than science

when I saw this bistro / humor-t1191-12010.html # p329695 on the subject humor I found that it deserved to be put on a suitable subject
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"